ANNUAL CHÖ DENTHOG CHIGMA RETREAT
This practice was composed by the 8th Karmapa Mikyö Dorje and detail teachings by the 5th Shamarpa Konchog Yenlag. Our precious master Chödpa Lama Rinpoche has received Denthog Chigma instructions directly from precious late Kyabje Tenga Rinpoche, and Tenga Rinpoche has received them directly from Pal Gyalwang 16th Karmapa.
Rinpoche has been leading Denthog Chigma Retreat in France for the past 11 years. And this year will be the 12th Annual Retreat which will take place in the beautiful village Opoul-Périllos, South of France between Mediteranean sea and the Pyrenean mountains.
All Chöpas/Chömas who have received Chö empowerment are welcome, regardless of which lineage, as long as you have received Chö empowerment from an authentic lineage Master.
Saturday, October 7th | Arrival to Opoul-Périllos
- Arrival at the guesthouse La Belle Auriole
- Preparation of the place for the Chöd retreat
You must arrive latest on Saturday.
1st Day – Sunday, October 8th | Refuge – Chöd empowerment – teaching
- 8am – 12 pm:
- Mandala Offering and Lama Gyangbod prayer (Calling Lama from Afar)
- Chöd empowerment and oral transmission
- Oral transmission and teaching on Heart Sutra.
- 1pm – 6pm: Teaching on Dentog Chigma.
From 2nd day to 6th day – Monday, October 9th to Friday, October 13th – SILENT RETREAT
- 6:30am – 8am: Mandala Offering and Lama Gyangbod prayer
(Calling Lama from Afar).
- 9am – 11am: First session Denthog Chigma session.
- 1pm – 3pm: Second session.
- 4pm – 6pm: Third session.
- 7pm – 9pm: Group practice of Chöd Dagdogma and confession prayer to restore all downfalls.
Till October 13th, we follow the same schedule.
7th Day – Saturday, October 14th
- 5am – 7am: First session of Chö Tsogley Rinchen Trengwa.
- 8am – 12pm: Second session.
- 1pm – 3pm: Third session
- 4pm – 6pm: Last session along with dedication prayer and appreciation katag offering, gesture of gratitude for the precious teachings to our precious master Chöpa Lama Rinpoche.
8th Day – Sunday, October 15th | Departure
You must arrive latest on October 8th.
Acceptance to the retreat is by registration and there are prerequisites for this retreat:
- Based on the text this practice must be done in strictly silent retreat.
- From the 2nd day to the 7th day morning you should remain in silence and would not be able to use your telephone.
- You must attend retreat from the 1st day and can not leave the retreat until last day.
- a flash light;
- sleeping bag or bed sheet and blanket;
- bath towel ;
- your Ngagpa robe and zen if you have;
- a meditation cushion ;
- pencil, eraser and notebook ;
- cash offering for the daily tsoks (there will have a box for the money for the tsoks);
- cash for offering to Rinpoche, for the Dharma texts and for the shop;
- your Dharma texts: Daily prayers, Lujin, Denthog Chigma, Calling the Lama from afar. If you don’t have these texts, you can get them during the retreat.
- Indoor :
- rooms for 1 couple or 1 person;
- dormitory for 3/4 people.
- Outdoor: your tent or your van
Meals: healthy vegeterian meals 3 times a day
You can make an offering for the daily tsok during the six days of retreat even if you don’t attend to the event.
Suggested donation: 20€
“Generosity free from expectation is like the confidence of a sower:
whatever needs to grow will grow, and nothing will be lost.
Thus extract the quintessence of your gifts.
That is my advice from the heart.”
Drigung Döndrup Chögyal (1668-1718)
GUESTHOUSE LA BELLE AURIOLE
66600 Opoul-Périllos (France)
From the highway, coming from Narbonne, take the exit Perpignan Centre and the road to Vingrau (D12). Turn right towards Opoul-Perillos. Once you are arrived to Opoul-Perillos, then type on the GPS “Enclave de la Belle Auriole” (direction “Château Perillos”).
If you are lost, please call Catherine or Bertrand: +33 4 68 29 19 26
By train or plane:
Please contact Denis: +33 641 38 64 51.
For further information:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: Denis at +33 641 38 64 51 (french/english)