Denthog Chigma Chöd Retreat is held annually in France, to accomplish enlightenment within one lifetime for oneself and the benefit of all sentient beings.
This practice was composed by the 8th Karmapa Mikyö Dorje and detail teachings by the 5th Shamarpa Konchog Yenlag.
Our precious master Chödpa Lama Rinpoche has received Denthog Chigma instructions directly from precious late Kyabje Tenga Rinpoche, and Tenga Rinpoche has received them directly from Pal Gyalwang 16th Karmapa.
Rinpoche has been leading Denthog Chigma Retreat in France for the past 8 years. And this year will be the 9th Annual Retreat which will take place in Perpignan area, South of France known as “Paradise Perpignan”.
DENTHOG CHIGMA RETREAT IS DONE STRICTLY IN SILENCE ACCORDING TO THE TEXT.
THIS YEAR WE WILL FOLLOW IT STRICTLY.
All Chödpas/Chödmas who have received empowerment are welcome, regardless of which lineage, as long as you have received empowerment from an authentic lineage Master.
Schedule for the 9th Denthog Chigma Chöd Retreat
Saturday, October 17th | Chöd retreat in Saillagouse
- Arrival at the camping Domaine le Cerdan
- Preparation of the place for the Chöd retreat
1st Day – Monday , October 19th | Denthog Chigma Chöd retreat
- 8am – 12 pm: First session begins with Mandala Offering and Lama Gyangbod prayer (Calling Lama from Afar) & Teachings on Denthog Chigma for new participant and also Dharma Talk.
Officially silent retreat start from here :
- 1pm – 3pm: First session of Dentog Chigma.
- 4 pm – 6pm: Second session of Denthog Chigma.
- 7pm – 9pm: Group practice of Chö Dagdogma (Lujin means body offering) and follow confession prayer to restore all downfalls.
From 2nd day to 4th day – Tuesday, October 20th to Thursday, October 22nd
- 6am – 7:30am: Mandala Offering and Lama Gyangbod prayer
(Calling Lama from Afar).
- 9am – 11am: First session Denthog Chigma session.
- 1pm – 3pm: Second session.
- 4pm – 6pm: Third session.
- 7pm: Group practice of Chöd Dagdogma and confession prayer to restore all downfalls.
Till October 22nd follows the same schedule.
5th Day – Friday, October 23rd
- 5am – 7am: First session of Chö Tsogley Rinchen Trengwa.
- 8am – 12pm: Second session.
- 1pm – 3pm: Fire puja.
- 4pm – 6pm: Last session along with dedication prayer and appreciation katag offering, gesture of gratitude for the precious teachings to our precious master Chöpa Lama Rinpoche.
Saturday, October 24th | Departure
Packing and departure.
Sunday, October 25th | Chöd empowerment at the Centre de Pleine Conscience
- Chöd empowerment and teaching at the Centre de Pleine Conscience in Perpignan.
- You have the possibility to be accomodated at the Centre de Pleine Conscience.
This year, there will not have Sand Mandala Ceremony.
You must arrive on October 17th.
Acceptance to the retreat is by online registration and there are prerequisites for this retreat:
- Based on the text this practice must be done in strictly silent retreat.
- From the day 1st evening until day 5th morning you should remain in silence and would not be able to use your telephone.
- You must attend retreat from the 1st day and can not leave the retreat until last day.
- a flash light;
- sleeping bag or bed sheet and blanket;
- bath towel ;
- warm clothes;
- your Ngagpa robe and zen if you have;
- a meditation cushion ;
- pencil, eraser and notebook ;
- cash offering for the daily tsoks (we will have a box to put money for the tsok);
- cash for offering to Rinpoche and for the shop;
- your Dharma texts: Daily prayers, Lujin, Denthog Chigma, Calling the Lama from afar.
- Flat rate for the full retreat | 7 nights from Saturday 17th to Saturday 24th:
- mobile home for 1 couple or 1 person : €450
- mobile home 3/4 persons : €450
- confortable and spacious mobile home 3/4 persons : €450
- All options includes:
- 3 time meals;
- 5 days retreat.
Deposit: 150€/200€ by bank transfer (please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org) and the amount remaining due by cash at the retreat place.
LE CAMPING DOMAINE LE CERDAN – SAILLAGOUSE
11 Route d Estavar, Saillagouse, FR 66800
From Perpignan : A9 (exit Perpignan sud) , RN116 direction Prades
Andorre, Mont-Louis, Saillagouse. In front of the church, turn right for 100m.
From Toulouse : RN20 direction Foix, Ax les Thermes, Bourg-Madame, Saillagouse. Straight ahead when the church is on your left.
From Barcelona : Cadi tunnel, Puigcerda, Bourg-Madame, Saillagouse.
GPS : Latitude = 42.46’05” Longitude = 2.03’52”
By train or plane:
Please contact Denis at 00 33 641 38 64 51 to inform your arrival date and if you need someone to pick you up at the train stations Mont Louis or Latour de Carole.
For further information:
Contact at email@example.com or call Denis at 00 33 641 38 64 51 (french) or call Anne at 00 33 651106727 (english, french).
Registration is required for all participants. Because of limitation of space and necessary arrangements you must register online in advance and you must pay 150/200 euros as deposit to hold the space for you. Once you booked you cannot cancel.