Dates are subject to change depending on the progress of the pandemic.
ANNUAL CHÖ DENTHOG CHIGMA RETREAT TO ACCOMPLISH ENLIGHTENMENT ON ONE SEAT
This practice was composed by the 8th Karmapa Mikyö Dorje and detail teachings by the 5th Shamarpa Konchog Yenlag. Our precious master Chödpa Lama Rinpoche has received Denthog Chigma instructions directly from precious late Kyabje Tenga Rinpoche, and Tenga Rinpoche has received them directly from Pal Gyalwang 16th Karmapa.
Rinpoche has been leading Denthog Chigma Retreat in France for the past 9 years. And this year will be the 10th Annual Retreat which will take place in the beautiful village Opoul-Périllos, South of France between Mediteranean sea and the Pyrenean mountains.
DENTHOG CHIGMA RETREAT IS DONE STRICTLY IN SILENCE ACCORDING TO THE TEXT. WE WILL FOLLOW IT STRICTLY.
All Chöpas/Chömas who have received Chö empowerment are welcome, regardless of which lineage, as long as you have received Chö empowerment from an authentic lineage Master.
Saturday, October 2nd | Chö retreat in Opoul-Périllos
- Arrival at the guesthouse La Belle Auriole
- Preparation of the place for the Chöd retreat
You must arrive latest on Saturday.
1st Day – Sunday, October 3rd | Denthog Chigma Chö retreat
- 8am – 12 pm: First session begins with Mandala Offering and Lama Gyangbod prayer (Calling Lama from Afar), Chö empowerment, teachings on Chö Denthog Chigma for new attendees and also Dharma Talk.
Officially silent retreat starts from here :
- 1pm – 3pm: First session of Dentog Chigma.
- 4 pm – 6pm: Second session of Denthog Chigma.
- 7pm – 9pm: Group practice of Chö Dagdogma (Lujin means body offering) and follow confession prayer to restore all downfalls.
From 2nd day to 6th day – Monday, October 4th to Friday, October 8th
- 6:30am – 8am: Mandala Offering and Lama Gyangbod prayer
(Calling Lama from Afar).
- 9am – 11am: First session Denthog Chigma session.
- 1pm – 3pm: Second session.
- 4pm – 6pm: Third session.
- 7pm – 9pm: Group practice of Chöd Dagdogma and confession prayer to restore all downfalls.
Till October 8th, we follow the same schedule.
7th Day – Saturday, October 9th
- 5am – 7am: First session of Chö Tsogley Rinchen Trengwa.
- 8am – 12pm: Second session.
- 1pm – 3pm: Fire puja.
- 4pm – 6pm: Last session along with dedication prayer and appreciation katag offering, gesture of gratitude for the precious teachings to our precious master Chöpa Lama Rinpoche.
8th Day – Sunday, October 10th | Departure
- Morning: Dissolution of Mandala
- Packing and departure
You must arrive latest on October 2nd.
Acceptance to the retreat is by online registration and there are prerequisites for this retreat:
- Based on the text this practice must be done in strictly silent retreat.
- From the day 1st afternoon until day 7th morning you should remain in silence and would not be able to use your telephone.
- You must attend retreat from the 1st day and can not leave the retreat until last day.
- a flash light;
- sleeping bag or bed sheet and blanket;
- bath towel ;
- warm clothes for the fresh mornings and evenings;
- your Ngagpa robe and zen if you have;
- a meditation cushion ;
- pencil, eraser and notebook ;
- cash offering for the daily tsoks (there will have a box for the money for the tsok);
- cash for offering to Rinpoche, for the Dharma texts and for the shop;
- your Dharma texts: Daily prayers, Lujin, Denthog Chigma, Calling the Lama from afar. If you don’t have these texts, you can buy them during the retreat.
- For the full retreat | 8 nights from Saturday 2nd to Sunday 8th of October:
- Indoor – mobile home : €500
- for 1 couple or 1 person;
- for 3/4 people.
- Outdoor – tent or van : €450
- Indoor – mobile home : €500
- All options includes:
- 3 time healthy vegeterian meals;
- 7 days retreat.
Deposit: 150€ by bank transfer to the Association Soleil du Levant and, the amount remaining due at the retreat place.
Bank: CR Sud Méditerranée – Perpignan Catalogne
Beneficiary: ASSOC ARTS MARTIAUX SOLEIL LEVANT – 23 Rue du 14 Juillet 66000 Perpignan
IBAN: FR76 1710 6000 0018 2497 8700 072 | SWIFT CODE / BIC CODE: AGRIFRPP871
GUESTHOUSE LA BELLE AURIOLE
66600 Opoul-Périllos (France)
From the highway, coming from Narbonne, take the exit Perpignan Centre and the road to Vingrau (D12).
Turn right towards Opoul-Perillos.
Drive through the village of Opoul, following the sign “Toutes Directions”.
Take the direction of Vingrau. 1 km after leaving Opoul on the road to Vingrau, turn right, direction “Château Perillos”.
Follow this road for 2km, at the fork in the road take the road to the left. Going down this small road, there is an electric pylon, then a rock tower on your left.
Just before the Mas, at the sign “Feux Interdits” turn left to the mas. You have arrived at La Belle Auriole.
By train or plane:
Please contact Denis: +33 641 38 64 51.
For further information:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: Denis at +33 641 38 64 51 (french/english)
Registration is required for all participants. Because of limitation of space and necessary arrangements you must register online in advance and you must pay 150 euros as deposit to hold the space for you. Once you booked you cannot cancel.